Monday, April 9, 2012

Designing Oliver Part One - Bill Sikes

This was a little assignment I gave myself over this past long weekend. As I've stated before in previous posts, character design for animation is a field I am very much interested in, and having recently had the opportunity to do a little design work for a feature 3d film, I'm convinced that I want to do more of this kind of work. I thought I would start my Oliver Twist assignment with Bill Sikes. He is a brute, a pimp, a house breaker and a beater of women. He also has a dog named Bulls Eye - his only redeeming characteristic and the one aspect of his character that makes him less evil than Fagin.






I love this kind of work and could draw character variations all day long. However I have other things to get to so the fun had to stop here.

More soon.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Larry MacDougall said...

You're welcome Emma and thanks. :)

Vinod Rams said...

These are great! Love to see your exploration.

Larry MacDougall said...

Thanks Vinod :)