Monday, October 31, 2011

Lavender - New Cover Concept.

We're doing a rethink on our cover concept  for The Lavender Blue project. Now that we have Thomas Haller Buchanan on board as art director/designer there is a lot more room to explore and experiment with really cool ideas. This is one of Thomas' rough concepts for the cover. He has taken a pile of my drawings and mashed them together into this beautiful design. Nothing is final of course. We're just thinking out loud. The main images on the front and back will be painted.

Peace be with you.

6 comments:

Craig Phillips said...

This is also really nice. The design has a nice flow to it. So are you going with this or the painting in the latest post?

btw Larry how many pages to this book and is it hardcover or soft cover?

WOL said...

"-- John Smith,
(Some famous guy)"

I love it!

Larry MacDougall said...

Craig - everything is still up in the air at this point.

Larry MacDougall said...

WOL - we're a clever bunch aren't we.

Michael Oxley said...

I like the layout and the font style and, of course, the art! I wonder what it would look like if the type were distressed?

Anyway, beautiful work and I'll certainly be buying myself a copy. Oh, my 12-year-old daughter is wondering what age group it's aiming at? I take it she wants a copy too.....

Larry MacDougall said...

Hey Michael - Thanks for the input on the cover. Nothing is final yet of course - still sorting it all out. I think your daughter is the perfect age for this story.

Cheers